Who are the Best Vancouver Family Lawyers? Ways to determine who the best Vancouver family lawyers really are can include:
- meeting with them in person to see if they empathize with you but seeing that it makes sense if they are not afraid to give you objective helpful strategies,
- seeing if they have won awards as Vancouver family lawyers,
- obtaining professional referrals,
- reviewing written court decisions showing a history of precedent-setting family law wins by that lawyer at all court levels,
- reading testimonials from satisfied clients,
- word of mouth, particularly when praised by opposing parties who wished they hired them instead of their own lawyer,
- watching them in action in trial or appeal courts; and
- looking at various online rating guides.
MacLean Family Law is Top Choice Awards’ Best Vancouver Family Lawyers winner for the last 4 years straight and 5 out of the last 6 years as “Top Vancouver Family Law Firm” for 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 and again for 2019 with a stellar score of 95/100. There are a number of very good family lawyers in Vancouver so do your own due diligence.
Record-Setting Family Law Wins Can Matter Call 1 877 602 9900
Lorne MacLean, QC set a record high spousal and child support of over $83,000 a month and fully secured it to ensure prompt payment as well as obtaining a retroactive award of over a million dollars, a worldwide MAREVA property freezing order, and a lifetime protection order. His client’s success, in this case, is used by family lawyers across Canada in high net worth family law cases and is now repeatedly cited in family law publications. This decision was followed by a significant case where the client received several millions in family property and over $100,000 in combined child and spousal support monthly and special costs for litigation misconduct.
The great news is that our Top Choice Best Vancouver Family Lawyers also work out of offices conveniently located across BC in downtown Vancouver, Surrey, Richmond, Kelowna and Fort St John/ Dawson Creek. Our Calgary family lawyers office is growing rapidly. Our precedent-setting cases are used to help other family clients get a just result.
These cases include leading Supreme Court of Canada and high court decisions on:
- child custody,
- spousal support,
- special costs,
- 100 percent reapportionment of a family home,
- BC Court of Appeal decisions defining a stock broker’s book of business as a family asset, and
- a recent BC Supreme Court case awarding of nearly $90,000 per month including rent payments allocated( yes per month!) combined spousal support and child support award.
Best Vancouver Family Lawyers – Hire A Lawyer Who Has Success On Cases Like Yours
We suggest you hire Vancouver family lawyers with a history of success in your type of family law case. If you are involved in a high net worth divorce, we suggest you hire a senior lawyer who handles these cases daily. Remember not to fall into error by hiring a lawyer simply based on a lower hourly rate. A new lawyer’s rate is lower because they have less experience and are developing their knowledge in the area and they may take more time to perform the work. A senior lawyer is often more effective as a result of their considerable experience and ability to respond on their feet to last-minute developments. In high stakes family, financial disputes and high conflict child custody cases experience counts.
When you ask: Who Are The Best Vancouver Family Lawyers? We suggest you consider MacLean Family Law and meet with us to see if we are one of Best Vancouver Family Lawyers Law Firms based upon:
- Lorne N. MacLean, QC’s track record of success at all court levels including the BC Court of Appeal and Supreme Court of Canada
- MacLean’s award as one of top the 3 divorce lawyers in both Vancouver and Surrey by “Three Best” multiple years running
- the firm’s 5 time multiple Top Choice Award victories as Top Vancouver Family Law Firm
- MacLean Law’s Google Reviews from satisfied clients
- Lorne MacLean QC’s appointment as a Queen’s Counsel restricted to 6 % of lawyers in BC
- MacLean’s successes in the Supreme Court of Canada on three of Canada’s leading child custody and spousal support and family property cases
Top Choice Best Vancouver Family Lawyers Call 1 877 602 9900
Top Choice Awards Best Vancouver Family Lawyers Call 1 877 602 9900
Maclean Family Law’s Top Choice Best Vancouver Family Lawyers handles medium to high net worth financial matters and:
- prenuptial, marriage and cohabitation agreements
- separation agreements
- child custody, parenting time, responsibility and child contact disputes
- child support both under and over the age of majority
- spousal support, quantum, duration, and variations;
- division of family property
- tracing and excluded property disputes
- protection orders against the person
- restraining orders against property
Lorne N MacLean, QC heads our team and focuses his practice on the high net worth complex division of family businesses, ventures, family trust interests, distributive tax and high conflict child custody and parenting time cases. Our firm has had the honour of helping guide Canadians with significant wins in child custody, business venture and spousal support cases in the BC Court of Appeal and Supreme Court of Canada.
Go to our services page for more free general information on each of the practice areas we handle.
Top Choice Best Vancouver Family Lawyers regularly publish blogs on all types of family law cases.
The Federal Government updated its Spousal Support Advisory Guidelines and its revised user guide has a wealth of free information about how spousal support works.
If you have a difficult family matter and need help negotiating, mediating, arbitrating, or litigating your divorce, separation, child custody, parenting time, child support, spousal support, and family and excluded property case, call our Top Choice Best Vancouver Family Lawyers today toll free at 1-877-602-9900.
Click here to see our 95/100 score for 2019 as voted by our satisfied family law clients.
Best Vancouver Family Lawyers
In closing, when you have a big family case and you need to know: “Who Are The Best Vancouver Family Lawyers?”,
You need to do your research and find a senior lawyer with the passion and intellect to help you succeed. Come meet with Lorne N. MacLean, QC or come to watch him in action in the BC Supreme Court, The Court of Appeal or the Supreme Court of Canada.