Who are the Best* Vancouver Family Lawyers? The ways to objectively determine who the best Vancouver family are must at a minimum include:
- meeting with them in person to see if they empathize with you but recognizing that it makes sense that they are not afraid to challenge you and to give you objective helpful strategies which can make or save you thousands of dollars,
- ensuring they have a robust team of junior lawyers, paralegals and LAA’s that you can work well with and be a key player on,
- reviewing written court decisions showing a history of precedent-setting family law wins by that lawyer at all court levels,
- confirming they have won awards as Vancouver family lawyers,
- obtaining professional referrals as well as referrals from satisfied clients,
- reading testimonials from satisfied clients,
- obtaining word of mouth research, particularly when praised by opposing parties who wished they hired them instead of their lawyer,
- watching them in action in trial or appeal courts; and
- looking at various online rating guides,
- ensuring they handle the highest stakes cases and international family law and divorce disputes,
- making sure they have the intellectual horsepower to help power your case to a successful conclusion,
- if you speak Mandarin, Cantonese, or Punjabi ensuring the law firm has a large and experienced family law team like MacLean Law does that is fluent in your language and familiar with your culture.
If you want a lawyer with a low hourly rate ( a very poor way to approach your critical family law case) we recommend that you ensure that the junior family lawyer has the mentorship of a senior lawyer to supervise them and ensure their hours are spent efficiently on your file.
MacLean Family Law is Top Choice Awards’ Best* Vancouver Family Lawyers winner for the last 4 years straight and 5 out of the last 6 years as “Top* Vancouver Family Law Firm” for 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 and again for 2019 with a stellar score of 95/100. There are several good family lawyers in Vancouver so do your due diligence.
Record-Setting Family Law Wins Can Matter 1 877 602 9900
Lorne MacLean,QC has routinely set new law in high net worth family cases involving his wins on the “CSG over $150,000 a year exception” the “SSAG $350,000 cap, Anton Pillar Orders finding millions of hidden cash, Worldwide Mareva Injunctions involving $50,000,000 of worldwide assets, forensic audits finding millions of hidden income and assets, complex property preservation orders, record multimillion-dollar lump-sum support awards and record special costs awards including a 2019 victory of 100% special costs fixed at over $1,500,000. MacLean also recently obtained a summary trial judgment victory in a high net worth international divorce case involving a “void marriage” which garnered significant public interest and he then won the Appeal.
Lorne MacLean, QC set a record high spousal and child support of over $83,000 a month ( yes monthly!) plus additional rental income orders and fully secured it to ensure prompt payment as well as obtaining a retroactive award of over 1 million dollars, a worldwide MAREVA property freezing order, and a lifetime protection order. His client’s success, in this case, is now used by family lawyers across Canada in high net worth family law cases and is repeatedly cited in family law publications. This decision was followed by a significant trial judgment where the client received roughly 20 million in family property and over $116,000 a month in combined child and spousal support converted into over 5 million lump sum support, over $1,000,000 more retroactive support above the record interim award plus 100% indemnity by way of special costs for litigation misconduct that resulted in a record $1,500,000 costs judgment.
Best* Vancouver Family Lawyers 1 877 602 9900
The great news is that our Vancouver Family Lawyers also work out of offices conveniently located across BC in downtown Vancouver, Surrey, Richmond, Kelowna and Fort St John/ Dawson Creek. Our Calgary family lawyers office is growing rapidly. Our precedent-setting cases are used to help other family clients get a just result.
These cases include leading Supreme Court of Canada and high court decisions on:
- child custody and the maximum contact principle in Young v Young in the Supreme Court of Canada,
- spousal support,
- precedent-setting awards on special costs in the Supreme Court of Canada and a recent $1.5 million award at 100% indemnity,
- a precedent-setting 100 percent reapportionment of a family home in the Supreme Court of Canada,
- a precedent-setting 75/25 reapportionment of a commercial real estate business in favour of the husband,
- another precedent BC Court of Appeal decision defining a stock broker’s book of business as a family asset with leave to appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada denied,
- a recent BC Supreme Court case awarding of nearly $90,000 per month including rent payments allocated ( yes per month!) combined spousal support and child support award which was increased at the trial to over $115,000 monthly and converted to over $5 million in lump-sum payments,
- Mareva worldwide freezing order, Anton Pillar raid Orders finding millions of missing cash, and
- jailing a lying opposing party for perjury.
Hire A Lawyer Who Has Success On Cases Like Yours 1 877 602 9900
We suggest you hire Vancouver family lawyers with a history of success in your type of family law case. If you are involved in a high net worth divorce, we suggest you hire a senior lawyer who handles these cases daily. Remember not to fall into error by hiring a lawyer simply based on a lower hourly rate. A new lawyer’s rate is lower because they have less experience and are developing their knowledge in the area and they may take more time to perform the work. A senior lawyer is often more effective as a result of their considerable experience and ability to respond on their feet to last-minute developments. Having a team made up of a senior lawyer with a junior lawyer like Fraser MacLean, a top paralegal and a savvy LAA is the best of both worlds, so that work is delegated to a cost-effective team member. In high stakes family, financial disputes and high conflict child custody cases experience counts.
When you ask: Who Are The Best* Vancouver Family Lawyers? We suggest you consider MacLean Family Law and meet with us based upon:
- Lorne N. MacLean, QC’s track record of repeated successes at all court levels including the BC Court of Appeal and Supreme Court of Canada
- MacLean’s award as one of the top the 3 divorce lawyers in both Vancouver, Richmond, and Surrey by “Three Best*”multiple years running
- the firm’s 5 times multiple Top Choice Award wins as Top Vancouver Family Law Firm
- MacLean Law’s Google Reviews from satisfied clients
- Lorne MacLean QC’s appointment as a Queen’s Counsel restricted to 5 % of lawyers in BC
- MacLean’s successes in the Supreme Court of Canada on three of Canada’s leading child custody and spousal support and family property cases
Maclean Family Law’s Lawyers handle medium to high net worth financial matters and:
- prenuptial, marriage and cohabitation agreements,
- divorces including high net worth cross border and international divorce cases,
- discretionary trust interest cases, estate freezes, and third party trusts,
- separation agreements,
- child custody, parenting time, responsibility and child contact disputes,
- child support both under and over the age of majority,
- spousal support, quantum, duration, and variations,
- division of family property,
- tracing and excluded property disputes,
- protection orders against the person, and
- restraining orders against property.
Vancouver Family Lawyers 1 877 602 9900
Lorne N MacLean, QC heads our team and focuses his practice on the high net worth complex division of family businesses, ventures, family trust interests, distributive tax and high conflict child custody and parenting time cases. Our firm has had the honour of helping guide Canadians with significant wins in child custody, business venture and spousal support cases in the BC Court of Appeal and Supreme Court of Canada.
The Federal Government recently updated the Child Support Tables and its Spousal Support Advisory Guidelines and its revised user guide has a wealth of free information about how spousal support works.
If you have a difficult family matter and need help negotiating, mediating, arbitrating, or litigating your divorce, separation, child custody, parenting time, child support, spousal support, and family and excluded property case, call our Family Lawyers today toll free at 1-877-602-9900.
Best* Vancouver Divorce Lawyers
In closing, when you have a big family case and you need to know: “Who Are The Best* Vancouver Family Lawyers?”, you need to do your research and find a senior lawyer with the passion and intellect to help you succeed. Come meet with Lorne N. MacLean, QC or come to watch him in action in the BC Supreme Court, The Court of Appeal or the Supreme Court of Canada.
*Top Choice Award (2014, 2016, 2017 2018, 2019), Top rated reviews on Google, Yelp, threebestrated, lawerratingz.com. Read more about our awards.