Don’t look back. You are not going that way."
Audra Bayer’s work as a family lawyer carries an immense level of responsibility. It affects such things as how much time children will spend with their parents after a separation or divorce, what school they will attend, where they will live, what activities they will participate in, what money will be available for activities, whether they will be able to attend post-secondary education, and what education, mental and physical health, and other services they will be able to receive. All of this affects who children become as future members of our society. They are in fact key to the fabric of our society and Audra assists with the weaving of that fabric.
Growing up, Audra was positively influenced by her parent’s values, particularly their compassionate way of dealing with people and their commitment to education and learning. Audra adopted the mentality in her own life to always strive to learn more, to be pragmatic in her thinking, and to acknowledge that there are always additional possibilities to consider–a foundation well-suited to her chosen career as a family lawyer.
In her practice of law, Audra Bayer has adopted her father’s passionate, ‘no-bull’ approach to advocacy and commitment. What she does as a lawyer and how she does it are inextricably linked to her approach to being a daughter, wife, mother, and developing person. She has also been divorced twice, bringing to the table real life experiences. Her goal is to ensure each client becomes empowered in their own way to move on with their lives after separation or divorce.
Audra is a certified mediator and arbitrator, member of the Hear the Child Roster, collaborative law practitioner and mother of five children. She has previously served as a member of the Canadian Bar Association’s (CBA) National Alternative Dispute Resolution section, Co-Chair of the Okanagan Family Bar Section, and member of the CBA National Family Section. As a bilingual practitioner, she is able to offer services in French and English.
Audra Bayer has an amazing level of energy and strength. When she isn’t practicing, advocating, doing pro-bono work, giving speeches or improving her own skills, you can find her in her garden, spending time with her five children, playing guitar or hiking with her dogs.
2000: Bachelor of Laws (LLB), University of Manitoba
- British Columbia
- Bar Manitoba Bar
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Distinction Award 2015
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Distinction Award 2013
- Susan B. Loadman Award – Award for Outstanding Perseverance and Determination in the Study of Law 2002
- Judge Ross A. Johnston Prize for Family Law, April 2000 – Award for Standing in Family Law and Children and The Law
- Honorable Mr. Justice Hudson Prize, April 1999 – Highest Standing in Jurisprudence
- 2012 – Present: Lawyer at MacLean Law
- 2008–2013: President/Director at Audra Bayer Law Corp
- 2007–2012: Co-Founder of Child At Focused Resolution Center
- 2003–2008: Associate, Orle Davidson Giesbrecht Bargan, Winnipeg, MB
- 2001–2003: Associate at Bellan, Wasylin and Associates, Manitoba
- CBABC Section Chair Okanagan – Family Law
- CBABC Co-Chair, Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Co-Chair of the CBABC 2016 Conference
- Panelist Justice Summit on Law Reform in Family Law in BC
- Speaker – BC Notaries Association Fall Conference
- Co-Chair CBA Okanagan Family Bar Section
- Executive Member CLEBC San Diego Conference 2013
- Executive Member CLEBC Arizona Conference 2014
- CLEBC Domestic Violence Training Coach
- Mediator at Automobile Injury Mediation Project
- Contract mediator on the Roster for AIM
- Co-Chair ADR Section Manitoba Bar Association at MB Bar Association
- Executive Member – ADR Section – Canadian Bar Association at Canadian Bar Association
- Support Recalculation Determination Officer (Alternate) at Province of Manitoba
- Guest speaker / member CLEA (Community Legal Education Association)
- Past Member of the Faculty of Law Mentorship Program
- Past Vice Chair – ADR at Manitoba Bar Association
Simply put, Audra is an outstanding lawyer and the best anyone can have."