Darlene is committed to finding solutions that suit her clients’ needs, whether by alternative dispute resolution or, when necessary, bringing the matter to court. Her focus is on reducing her clients’ stress during periods of life change and finding options that work for their long-term goals.
Darlene Sandhu is dedicated to building and supplementing a variety of diverse communities, with over 10 years of service to neighborhoods, legal departments, and institutions of higher education. Since becoming an articled student in 2020 and crossing the Alberta bar in 2021, Darlene has been working on equipping herself with didactic legal strategies to build her proficiency as an advocate for her clients. She has gained family law litigation experience in a broad range of challenging family law matters in the Provincial Court and Court of Queen’s Bench.
Google Reviews left by past clients
“110% would suggest Darlene Sandhu for any family matters. She has done nothing but go above and beyond for me and has given me new hope for males in the justice system. Darlene is the next best person to a god when it comes to getting family matters taken care of. Thank you for achieving what I thought was not possible.”
“I am beyond impressed with Darlene- my case was handled effectively and in fairness. My ex and I were able to come to an amicable decision under Darlene’s tutelage. My ex’s lawyer was even impressed with Darlene’s knowledge and expertise!”
“You can tell she loves her job and is very passionate about what she does. (Even the judge spoke great words about her) You will not go wrong hiring Darlene as your attorney.”
“Working with Darlene Sandhu was an extremely positive experience during an especially stressful time. She navigated me through my legal options in a concise and practical fashion. Darlene is extremely responsive, attentive, knowledgeable, and caring. She is also an excellent communicator and always made herself available to address any of my concerns & questions. She handled my affairs quickly and truly went above & beyond in all aspects. Her legal services are of great value and quality.
I would highly recommend Darlene to anyone seeking legal services in her practice areas.”
When she’s not working, Darlene enjoys traveling the world and eating throughout the places she visits. She is passionate about female empowerment, mentorship, diversity, and inclusion. In her spare time, you can find Darlene searching for travel deals, trying new skincare products, finding new hiking spots and yoga classes, or petting the nearest dog. Her hobbies include trying to be active, staying up to date with the New York Times Bestseller list and playing chess with her nephew.
- 2019 Canadian National Committee of Accreditation
- 2018 Juris Doctorate, Bond University, Gold Coast, AU
- 2016 Bachelor of Arts: Law & Society, University of California Davis, CA
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Law Society of Alberta
- Member of the Criminal Trial Lawyers Association of Alberta
- Roaster Lawyer at Legal Aid Alberta
- Present: Lawyer, MacLean Family Law, Surrey, BC
- 2021- 2022: Barrister & Solicitor, eLaw Alliance, Edmonton, AB
- 2020: Articled Student, eLaw Alliance, Edmonton, AB
- 2018: Student Advisor, Family Law Legal Clinic at Jones Mitchell Lawyers, Gold Coast, AU
- 2018: Consultant ‚Äì Team Leader, 180 Degrees Consulting Group, Gold Coast, AU
- 2017: Summer Law Student, Abbey Law Corporation, Dawson Creek, BC
- 2015: Court Operations Clerk, Yolo County Superior Court, Woodland, CA