“People acting together as a group can accomplish things which no individual acting alone could ever hope to bring about” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
Eleanor Surajballi is a lawyer at the Vancouver office of MacLean Law. After being called to the Queensland (Australian) Bar, Eleanor practiced one of Brisbane’s largest non-profit legal organization, the Queensland Public Interest Law Clearing House before transitioning to the State Government’s Residential Tenancy department. After being with the State Government for several years, Eleanor relocated to British Columbia. As such, Eleanor is not only dual-qualified but she brings a unique blend of experiences and legal education that is aptly suited to the practice of family law.
Since being called to the British Columbia Bar, Eleanor has represented clients in both the Provincial and Supreme Court in various family law and complex civil matters. Eleanor has also participated in numerous mediations and assisted with arbitrations. Through her articles, Eleanor also gained a wealth of experience in real estate and corporate law. Whilst this latter experience may seem at odds with the practice of family law; Eleanor credits her holistic approach to family law as being founded through these experiences.
Through her combined experiences, Eleanor understands how stressful life changing events such as divorces and separations can be on an individual and children (if any). As such, she is committed to not only ensuring that the best interests of the children are prioritized and protected, but that you as her client feel supported, informed and advocated for.
Interests outside of Eleanor’s practice include a love of travelling and exploring new places with her dog, spending time with family and friends and trying out new restaurants.
- 2012: Juris Doctor, Faculty of Law, Bond University.
- 2009: Bachelor of Arts, University of British Columbia, Double major Political Science and English Literature
- 2013: Queensland Bar (Australia)
- 2020: British Columbia Bar
- Member of the Trial Lawyer’s Association
- Current: Associate Lawyer, Maclean Law, Vancouver
- 2021: Associate Lawyer, Redman Law/ AviD Law Corporation, Richmond
- 2020: Associate Lawyer, Wallace M. Wong & Co, Richmond
- 2018-2019: Summer Student & Articled Student, Dhinsa Law Office