Karsten Erzinger has always been passionate about finding solutions for people, which naturally oriented him towards family law. His ability to solve problems and find creative solutions will be sure to serve his clients well in our MacLean Family Law Kelowna office. He is also available to take appointments in Penticton.
Karsten studied Business Administration and Political Science in Calgary, Alberta, and obtained his Law degree from the University of Alberta in Edmonton. As a parliamentary assistant, Karsten prepared multiple briefings on a variety of public policy issues and managed communications for Bob Benzen, Member of Parliament. He also researched aspects of Canadian Charter Rights case law and analyzed numerous Supreme Court of Canada decisions for the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms.
As an active participant in the community, Karsten has volunteered and worked for various provincial and federal political parties, including election campaigns, and in 2005 he fund-raised for, and took part in a humanitarian trip to Mexico to build a house for an impoverished family in Vicente Guerrero, Mexico.
In his spare time, Karsten Erzinger is an avid sports enthusiast. He played hockey for the University of Alberta’s Law Faculty hockey team after playing eleven years of minor hockey while growing up. He’s also a passionate golfer, having competed in many junior golf tournaments and also loves skydiving, climbing, squash, ball hockey and volleyball
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY
- 2017: Competed in the Bowman National Tax Moot, a national moot competition held in Toronto, Ontario
- 2012, 2013: President’s List, Mount Royal University
- 2011, 2012, 2013: Dean’s Honour Role, Mount Royal University
- 2011: Recipient of the Staples Academic Scholarship
- 2014 – 2017: Served in numerous roles for the University of Alberta Energy Law Club
- 2015 – 2017: Served as the Editor-in-Chief for Canons of Construction, the University of Alberta’s Law Student newspaper
- 2012 – 2017: Volunteered in various capacities for provincial and federal political parties, including election campaigns
- 2005: Humanitarian trip to Vicente Guerrero, Mexico
- 2017: Juris Doctor, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB
- 2014: Bachelor of Business Administration, Mount Royal University, Calgary, AB
- 2017 – Present: Lawyer, MacLean Law, Kelowna, BC
- 2017: Parliamentary Assistant, Office of Bob Benzen, Member of Parliament, Ottawa, ON
- 2015: Summer Research Student, Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms, Calgary, AB