JASREET (JAS) BADYAL
During her articles, Jas was supervised by a senior and well-respected lawyer who has since been appointed a judge in Alberta. Jas gained extensive direct court experience while doing her articles. She routinely assisted duty counsel in family law chambers and is very familiar with the processes of family law in Alberta. In addition to family law experience, she worked on criminal law, wills and estates, immigration, and human rights.
After articling and spending a summer in Scotland, Jas moved to Vancouver to work with a well-respected sole practitioner specializing in services for LGBTQ clients. She gained experience in same-sex spousal and partner sponsorships, family law for same-sex couples, and fertility law. She has prepared egg/ova donor, sperm donor, and surrogacy agreements for single parents and couples (heterosexual and homosexual).
Jas is confident, approachable, professional, and has experience in specialized services that give her clients an edge over others. She will be the anchor in the MacLean Law Calgary office.
Jas is passionate about travelling by all means (roads, trains, plains, and boats). She enjoys adventuring on trains, a good glass of wine, and an engaging book. She is a keen swimmer, loves camping, and outdoor sports.
- 2014 Juris Doctor, University of Victoria, Faculty of Law, BC
- 2012 Explore Program, L’Université Laval, QC
- 2011 Bachelor of Arts (First Class Honours) in Political Science, University of Calgary, AB
- 2016 Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- 2016 Member of the Law Society of Alberta
- 2016 – 2017 The Law Office of Barbara Findlay QC, Vancouver, BC
- 2015 – 2016 Calgary Legal Guidance (Articling Student), AB
- Fluent in Punjabi
- Conversational Hindi and Urdu