Fraser MacLean completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Victoria before earning a law degree from Thompson River University. His experience with family law began with MacLean Law in 2016 as a summer student, then as an articled student after obtaining his Juris Doctorate. After being called to the bar, he has brought the experience gained as a student into an associate role with MacLean Law.
As an articled student, Fraser served as the second chair of a five day trial at the BC Supreme Court, which successfully resulted in the reapportionment of family property for a MacLean Law client (see Dennis v Gill, 2018 BCSC 1533). Fraser has appeared in all levels of court in British Columbia, including the BC Court of Appeal. His most recent victory as lead counsel at the Court of Appeal was in Bhimani v. Beninteso, 2020 BCCA 174, in which the underlying appeal from a dismissal of a claim for division of family property and the imposition of a fine for non-compliance with disclosure obligations was dismissed.
Fraser is a forward-thinking lawyer, dedicated to helping his clients move forward with their family matters. He assists MacLean Law’s senior lawyers on complex family law and estate litigation matters and spends time working from the firm’s six other offices in BC and Calgary, where he has gained exposure to a diverse range of family law and estate litigation cases across British Columbia.
As an associate with MacLean Family Law, Fraser has worked to attain a wealth of practical experience, earning a reputation for leadership, dedication, and compassion, always going above and beyond in the practice of law. His clients are grateful for his commitment and guidance in helping them make informed decisions in order to move forward.
At his Alma mater, Thomson Rivers University Faculty of Law, Fraser has helped set up the MacLean Law Prize in Family Law, and the Doug Eastwood Q.C. MacLean Law scholarship.
In his spare time, Fraser is an avid sports enthusiast. He played hockey for the TRU Law Hockey team and the BC Best Ever Regional Hockey Team. He also enjoys boxing, golf, and travel, always looking to experience new countries and cultures.
- Fraser MacLean helps set up the MacLean Law Prize in Family Law, and the Doug Eastwood Q.C. MacLean Law scholarship
- 3 Guidelines Everyone Should Follow When Picking a Divorce Lawyer
PAPERS AND PRESENTATIONS
- County of Carleton Law Association – Family Law Institute – COVID 19: Parenting Challenges and Determining Income During the Pandemic
- Pacific Business & Law Institute – Grey Divorce and Planning for the Future – High Family Property Awards and High Net Worth Spousal Support
- 2018: Juris Doctor, Thompson Rivers University Law School, BC
- 2013: Bachelors of Art in Geography, University of Victoria, BC
- 2019: Lawyer, MacLean Law, Vancouver, BC
- 2018: Articled Student, MacLean Law, Vancouver, BC
- 2016-2017: Summer Student, MacLean Law, Vancouver, BC
From day one until the exact result we set out to achieve in the Provincial Court, Fraser and his team provided nothing but the best in legal advice, strategy and care for myself and my daughter.