We’re driven by people, not paper. Our overriding commitment is to help people fully resolve their legal matters and move forward to a better future.
MACLEAN LAW FAMILY PHILOSOPHY
MacLean Law offers a unique combination of progressive, practical legal strategies along with emotional intelligence and compassion. Clients tell us they choose us not just because of our great track record and solid credentials, but because they trust us with their well-being.
We recognize that when you choose MacLean Law to help you resolve your family matters, you’re trusting us. We take that seriously.
Our mission is to help you triumph over complex family circumstances so you can move forward to better times. We’re passionate about creating empowering solutions that will allow you to move past your obstacles to a full, rich future. It’s vital to us that you not only resolve, but transcend your family challenges.
We’re dedicated to earning your trust so that we can create a collaborative relationship built on candid, open dialogue. That helps us best get to know you as a whole person, to fully understand the sensitive intricacies of your family situation, and to uncover your most deeply desired family outcomes.
IMPROVE YOUR LIFE THROUGH OUR WORK
Drawing on the depth and breadth of our expertise, experience, and emotional intelligence, our purpose is to help you distill the complicated and challenging so you can break through to strategic, creative, practical and positive family solutions.
With impeccable service as the backbone of our reputation, we hold a heartfelt commitment to improve your life through our work. That commitment is demonstrated by the professional certifications and designations we pursue, our participation in professional associations, our pursuit of ongoing education to enhance and expand our expertise and experience, and our community service. Our aim is to provide you with the right support and empower you to make the right decisions to successfully resolve your family matters. Some of our achievements and credentials:
- Trained in Collaborative Law Practice;
- Highly experienced court litigators;
- Precedent-setting appearances before the Supreme Court of Canada;
- Holders of the Queens’ Council (QC) designation;
- Members of the Judicial Council of BC;
- Experienced in Interjurisdictional Support Orders Act (ISO);
- Members of the BC Parenting Coordinators Roster;
- Members of the Canadian Bar Association’s National Alternative Dispute Resolution Section;
- Participants in the Rural Education and Access to Lawyers Programme;
- Fluent in French, Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish, Punjabi and Hindi, Farsi, Hebrew, and Urdi;
- Guests for the Family Matters TV show, hosted by Judge Harvey Brownstone;
- Expert resources for the media, helping to interpret family law news and changes for the general public;
- Contributors to various community programs including long term support For Dress for Success Vancouver;
- Voted Top Vancouver Family Lawyer by Top Choice Awards in 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.
- Lorne MacLean voted Top 25 Most Influential Lawyers of 2020
- MacLean Law awarded Vancouver’s BEST Lawyer – Family Law company, 2020.
- MacLean Law recognized for the The Employee Recommended Workplace Award, 2018 and 2019.
- Recognized by ThreeBest in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 in Vancouver, Richmond and Surrey.
- Doyles recommended Lorne MacLean, Q.C. in the 2019 listing of leading British Columbia Family & Divorce Lawyers.
We know from experience that those who progress successfully through a separation or divorce are people who can envision and move on to a gratifying new life chapter. You can be that success story with our dedicated guidance.
MacLean Law was founded in 1983 by Lorne MacLean, Q.C. Initially built on Lorne’s passion and calling for family law, the firm has experienced robust growth since its early beginnings and today is consistently rated as one the top family legal firms in Vancouver by Top Choice Awards. With this growth, our clients’ legal requirements have also expanded.
Now a large team of lawyers, along with several legal and administrative support staff, we serve clients through BC offices located in Vancouver, Victoria, Surrey, Kelowna, Richmond, and Fort St. John. We can also help you out of our Calgary, AB and Toronto, ON offices.
We embrace charitable initiatives as a firm and support our employees’ involvement in events and activities that help our community grow richer in terms of culture, acceptance, prosperity and/or services.
Some examples of community groups and initiatives that MacLean lawyers and staff are involved with or have had past involvement:
Access Pro Bono legal clinic
ALS Society of BC
Burnaby Lakers Lacrosse Team
Dress for Success Vancouver
Lawyers with Pride (Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Committee of the Canadian Bar Association of BC).
MS Society of BC
Union Gospel Mission
West Coast LEAF (West Coast Legal Education and Action Fund)