Family law cases are often some of the most challenging aspects of legal practice. I work tirelessly to protect my clients’ interests and to help them achieve financial independence."
Rana has worked on high-profile cases and drafted complex marriage and separation agreements. She represents clients across British Columbia in all matters relating to custody, access, child guardianship, property division, child and spousal support, and divorce.
Rana’s passion for helping people drew her to family law. She cares about her clients and is dedicated to helping them move forward through that passion and her practice of Family Law. Her ability to balance empathy and professionalism ensures that her clients are supported and cared for during each stage of these challenging processes. She has a proven ability to deliver successful outcomes to even the most overwhelming and seemingly insurmountable cases.
When not helping her clients, Rana explores her interests in travelling and exploring new cultures. In her limited personal time, Rana can be found outdoors in the mountains, playing her piano, or painting.
Rana is also fluent in Farsi.
- 2017: Master of Laws (LL.M), Peter A. Allard School of Law, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
- 2015: LL.B (Honours), University of London, United Kingdom
- 2011: Bachelor of Arts (Sociology), University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
2016 Peter A. Allard School of Law Entrance Award
- 2019: Lawyer, MacLean Law, Vancouver, BC
- 2018: Articled Student, MacLean Law, Vancouver, BC
- 2016: Legal Assistant, Ellis Law Corporation, Vancouver, BC
- 2016: Paralegal, Oliver Fisher Solicitors, London, United Kingdom
- 2013 – 2015: Assistant Consultant, Start-Ed Pro Bono Law Clinic, London, United Kingdom
- 2012: Administrative Assistant, Immigrant Services Society of BC, Vancouver, BC
- 2016 – 2017: Clinician, UBC Law Students’ Legal Advice Program, Vancouver, BC
- 2016 – 2017: Elected Graduate Committee Representative, Peter A. Allard School of Law, UBC, Vancouver, BC
Having Rana on our side was amazing! She fought for us to get more than we could have hoped for. She was our lawyer but became our friend. Rana has given myself, my spouse, and our boys what we deserve. I definitely recommend her for anyone needing a family law lawyer but especially for dads who need the support and someone to fight for them!"