Helping clients parse through the complexities of a family matter is my passion. I work diligently to ensure my clients have the best representation—whether advocating for their interests in court or achieving out of court resolutions.
Gurdeep Khosa completed her legal studies at Thompson Rivers University where she obtained her Juris Doctorate. Prior to that, she obtained her Bachelor of Arts with Honorius from Simon Fraser here in BC.
With a passion for family law and a dedication to excellent client service, Gurdeep’s mandate is to move her clients forward with compassion. This compassion, combined with an expertise of how the Divorce Act and the Family Law Act applies to divorce, separation, property and asset division as well as child and spousal support, makes her a great asset to the team at MacLean Law.
Gurdeep has appeared in all levels of court in British Columbia, including the BC Provincial Court, the BC Supreme Court, and the BC Court of Appeal. She has a wealth of practical experience in family law and over ten years working in client relations. Gurdeep has dealt with a variety of complex family matters including surrogacy agreements, separation agreements, cohabitation agreements, property and asset division, allocation of parenting time, spousal support issues, and child support matters.
Outside of work, Gurdeep is active in her local community. She is a member of the Canadian Bar Association (CBA), South Asian Bar Association (SABABC) and the Vancouver Bar Association (VBA). Gurdeep is passionate about giving back to her community. She has taken a course on Designing Legal Expert Systems where she worked in small teams with non-profit organizations to create legal applications that enhance access to justice. Gurdeep has also volunteered at the Downtown Community Court in Vancouver, B.C. as a community court worker. She is motivated to provide opportunities for women engaged in the legal profession.
She is known as an extraordinarily kind, warm-hearted person, with a tremendous creative talent and a passion for design and fashion.
Gurdeep is well-versed in Punjabi. She is able to read, write and speak Punjabi fluently. She is also able to speak Hindi.
In her spare time, Gurdeep enjoys working out, cooking gluten-free dishes, and travelling.
- 2017: Juris Doctor, Faculty of Law, Thompson Rivers University, BC
- 2012: Bachelors of Art with Honorius, Simon Fraser University
- Obtained Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Communications, graduating with honours
- Member of Canadian Bar Association (CBA)
- South Asian Bar Association (SABABC)
- Vancouver Bar Association (VBA)
- 2018 – Present: MacLean Law, Lawyer
- 2018: MacLean Law, Articled Student
- 2017: Wallace M. Wong & Co. Barristers & Solicitors, Student
- 2015: Business Development Bank of Canada
- 2012: Ministry of Justice, Chilliwack Crown Counsel
- 2012: TD Bank Financial Group
- 2021: Pro Bono work for the (Battered Women’s Support Services (BWSS)
- Executive committee of the Vancouver CBA family law subsection
- 2019: Member of Executive Committee, Canadian Bar Association (CBABC), Vancouver B.C.
- 2019: Member of the Vancouver Bar Association, Vancouver, B.C.
- 2018: Member of the South Asian Bar Association, Vancouver, B.C.
- 2017: Legal Applications for Justice, Vancouver, B.C.
- 2013: Downtown Community Court Worker, Vancouver, B.C.
- 2012: Student Ambassador at Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, B.C.
- 2010: Vancouver Olympics 2010 Volunteer, Vancouver, B.C.
languagesPunjabi and Hindi
I was very happy with the professionalism and care both Ms Khosa and Mr McQueen displayed. I always felt as though they had my best interests in mind. I would not hesitate to utilize the services at MacLean Family Law again if necessary.