It always seems impossible until it’s done. – Nelson Mandela"
Manbeen Saini earned her Juris Doctor at Peter A. Allard School of Law, University of British Columbia in 2018. While in law school, she acted as a Student Ambassador and volunteered her time with the Law Students’ Legal Advice Program. She was accepted to the UBC’s Innocence Project where she was involved in post-conviction reviews in response to claims of wrongful convictions. Manbeen was a recipient of various awards and scholarships including, Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP Prize in Torts, Diane Kilpatrick Memorial Scholarship, Frank Iacobucci Entrance Award in Law and the Beverley McLachlin Legal Access Award.
Prior to law school, Manbeen worked as a Victim Support Worker specializing in power-based crimes. Being passionate about helping others in her community, she volunteered for numerous organizations, including Battered Women Support Services and Elizabeth Fry Society of Greater Vancouver.
As an articled student, Manbeen gained valuable experience in family law, estate planning and civil litigation, appearing both in the Provincial and Supreme Court of British Columbia. She has helped her clients resolve all types of family law disputes including, disputes over parenting time, guardianship, child support, spousal support and property division. Manbeen uses her knowledge and experience to educate, counsel and empower her clients in making informed decisions based on practical risk-benefit analysis.
Outside of work, Manbeen enjoys travelling, watching movies and spending time with her family and friends.
Manbeen is fluent in Punjabi, Hindi and Urdu.
- 2018: Juris Doctor, Peter A. Allard School of Law, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
- 2008: Bachelor of Arts, Major in Criminology, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC
- 2005: Diploma in Criminology, Kwantlen Polytechnic University, Surrey, BC
- 2016: Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP Prize in Torts
- 2016: Diane Kilpatrick Memorial Scholarship
- 2016: South Asian Bar Association of British Columbia Financial Awards
- 2015: Frank Iacobucci Entrance Award in Law
- 2015: UBC Law Foundation Entrance Bursary
- 2019: Lawyer, PetraLaw Corporation Inc., Abbotsford, BC
- 2018: Articled Student, PetraLaw Corporation Inc., Abbotsford, BC
- 2016: Summer Internship, Surrey Women’s Centre [SWC], Surrey, BC
- 2010-2014: Court Victim Support Worker, Surrey Women’s Centre [SWC], Surrey, BC
- 2009-2010: Field Interviewer, Statistics Canada, Surrey, BC
- 2016-2018: Student Ambassador, Peter A. Allard School of Law Student Ambassador, Vancouver, BC
- 2015-2016: Clinician, Law Students’ Legal Advice Program, Surrey, BC
- 2009-2010: Women Visiting Women Volunteer, The Elizabeth Fry Society of Greater Vancouver, Vancouver, BC
languagesHindi and Punjabi. Conversational Urdu
This team’s investment in clients is what sets them apart from other lawyers and firms."