Jeff Courson comes to the MacLean Law Fort St. John office after successfully managing his own law firm on Northern Vancouver Island. He is registered with the Law Society of British Columbia and is a member of the BC Chapter of the Canadian Bar Association.
Prior to law school, Jeff spent nearly 12 years in the Canadian Forces and served as an Infantry Officer in the Army and as a Maritime Surface Officer in the Navy. During his time in the military, he obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Studies and International Relations from Bishop’s University in Lennoxville, Quebec. He served on various operational tours and aboard multiple naval vessels around the world and was involved in planning and executing complex military and humanitarian operations. Throughout these experiences, Jeff also learned to think about the big picture while being able to manage the details in the most stressful situations.
He brings this experience and talent to MacLean Law where he can assist Fort St. John and the Peace Region residents with legal matters in family law, wills and estates, estate litigation, and in a variety of civil litigation areas. Jeff has appeared in both the Supreme Court and the Provincial Court of British Columbia on behalf of clients in civil, family, and commercial disputes, as well as at the employment standards and residential tenancy tribunals. He takes great pride in helping clients identify legal issues, risks, problems and potential liabilities, and then working towards effective and efficient resolution. Jeff cares deeply about his clients so whatever your legal situation is, he will apply all of his skills and experience to make sure that your interests are protected with precision.
Jeff grew up in Vancouver area but spent many summers in the Peace Region with family where he developed a familiarity and love of the region. When not at work, he can usually be found doing the things he enjoys including: hiking, camping, fishing, snowboarding, and a variety of other activities that keep him outdoors in this beautiful province.
- 2015 Juris Doctor, UBC, Vancouver
- 2005 Bachelor of Arts, Bishop’s University, Political Studies, Minor: Int’l Rel. (Honours)
- 2012 Lesperence Mendes Entrance Award
- 2014 – 2017 Owner, White Bear Law Corporation, Port Hardy/Campbell River, BC
- 2014 – 2016 Associate, Articled Student, W. Paul Grier & Company, Port Hardy, BC
- 2012 Owner, White Bear Landscaping, Victoria, BC
- 2009 – 2012 Various deployments, Maritime Surface Officer, Canadian Armed Forces, Victoria, BC
- 2003 – 2009 Infantry Officer, Canadian Armed Forces, Gagetown, NB
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- 2016 – Present – Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- 2016 – Present – Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- 2013 – 2015 Treasurer, Indigenous Law Student Association, UBC
- 2012 – 2015 – Div Rep/Treasurer, UBC Law and Business Society
- 2012 – 2014 – Student Advocate, UBC Law Student Legal Advice Program