Family law is dynamic and is constantly changing as people are moving toward new social structures. My job is to achieve practical results, provide legal support, and advocate on behalf of my clients.
Anastasiya Sadovska began her academic pursuit at the faculty of science but quickly realized that she wanted to do work that would have immediate positive effects on people. Attaining a science degree taught her logic, analytical skills, and attention to detail. Pursuing law was the next logical step.
Having lived in northern regions of Alberta, such as Fort McMurray and Edmonton, Anastasiya made her way to Fort St. John after being a summer student at the MacLean Law Fort St. John office. She is well accustomed to the special and intricate lifestyles and economic circumstances of the north. She gained invaluable family law and court experience and continued her journey with the firm where she became a lawyer in May of 2020.
By the time she became an associate lawyer, Anastasiya had appeared at all levels of court in British Columbia, including the BC Court of Appeal. Besides her extensive leadership and volunteering roles, she was selected by the University of Alberta Faculty of Law to be one of nine students in their last year of studies to shadow judges in the Provincial Court of Alberta in Edmonton. This experience gave her invaluable insight into judicial decision making and made her comfortable and familiar with a courtroom.
Anastasiya looks forward to using her volunteer, leadership, and law expertise to help clients move forward with their lives.
In her spare time, Anastasiya is an avid TV series buff. She also loves to spend time with her pets and family.
- MacLean Law – Community Builder Spotlight
- Present: Community Bridge, Board of Directors, Treasurer, Fort St. John, BC
- 2018: Law Games Committee, President, University of Alberta Faculty of Law, Edmonton, AB
- 2018-2019: Environmental Law Students Association, Events Coordinator & President, University of Alberta Faculty of Law, Edmonton, AB
- 2018: Pro Bono Students Canada, Volunteer Researcher, Edmonton, AB
- 2017-2019: Edmonton Community Legal Centre, Family Law Student Volunteer, Edmonton, AB
- 2016-2017: Student Legal Services, Criminal Law Project Volunteer, University of Alberta Faculty of Law, Edmonton, AB
- 2017: Student Legal Services, Family/Civil Law Project Volunteer, University of Alberta Faculty of Law, Edmonton, AB
- 2017: Student Legal Services, Do-Your-Own-Divorce Clinic, University of Alberta Faculty of Law, Edmonton, AB
- 2017: Canadian Lawyers for International Human Rights, Social Media Coordinator, University Faculty of Law, Edmonton, AB
- 2019: Juris Doctor, University of Alberta Faculty of Law, Edmonton, AB
- 2015: Bachelor of Science, Physical Sciences, Chemistry and Earth Sciences, MacEwan University, Edmonton, AB
- 2020: British Columbia Bar
- 2020: Alberta Bar
- 2016: Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- 2016: Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association
awards and press
- 2018: Halyna Chomiak Freeland Memorial Award
- 2018: Lewis Klar Bursary
- 2014: Louise McKinney Post-Secondary Scholarship
- 2014: MacEwan Arts & Science Scholarship
- 2014 – 2015: Academic Excellence Award
- 2013 – 2015: Dean’s List for Academic Excellence
- 2020: Lawyer, MacLean Law, Fort St. John, BC
- 2019: Articled Student, MacLean Law, Fort St. John, BC
- 2018: Summer Student, MacLean Law, Fort St. John, BC
languagesConversational Russian and Ukrainian
I had the pleasure of working with, Fraser, James, Anastasiya and Jamila. They are an awesome team who really worked together for me. They are all easy to talk with and patient. Very responsive and knowledgeable. My thanks to a great team, very much appreciated.