“Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.” – Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Brianne Beckie is an Associate Lawyer at MacLean Law’s Calgary office who has excelled in both academic and community work throughout her career. As a strong advocate for the law and legal rights, Brianne works to help her clients move forward with kindness, compassion and a strong commitment to client service. These qualities, along with her passion for family law, have made her a valued asset to the MacLean Law team.
Brianne completed her Juris Doctor in 2019 at the University of Saskatchewan, having already completed a Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting with great distinction. This commitment to high academic standards led to a student placement with MacLean Law in Calgary where Brianne represented clients in a variety of family law matters, including separation and divorce, access, custody, child support, spousal support, and property division in lawyer assisted settlement meetings, mediations and arbitrations.
Brianne has appeared in the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta. She has experience drafting pleadings, court orders, property statements, separation agreements, legal briefs and affidavits to meet the specific needs of individual clients based on their unique circumstances. Brianne takes the time to get to know each individual client by conducting in-depth consultations to move the client’s matter forward in a systematic way that meets his or her needs.
As a quintessential Canadian, Brianne has worked for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police as a business analyst, where she briefed the Commanding Officer of the RCMP in Saskatchewan on socio-political factors, such as the legalization of cannabis and immigration policies, to be used in developing policing initiatives. She also analyzed the financial viability of expenditures, such as training and recruitment, and made recommendations on the approval or denial of funding.
Serving her community has always been very important to Brianne. She has prepared income tax returns for senior residents and low income families as part of a Community Income Tax Volunteer Program in Saskatoon. As a law student volunteer, she worked for the Ministry of Justice at a Family Law Assistance Clinic. Brianne also drafted wills and other estate planning documents for clients with Miller Thomson LLP.
In her spare time, Brianne stays fit by running, hiking, snowboarding and playing recreational sports. She loves fashion, is an avid reader and enjoys travelling.
- 2019: Juris Doctor, University of Saskatchewan, College of Law, Saskatoon, SK
- 2015: Bachelor of Commerce with Great Distinction, University of Saskatchewan, Edwards School of Business – Saskatoon, SK
- 2020: Alberta Bar
awards and press
- Dean’s Honour Roll, University of Saskatchewan, Edwards School of Business
- University of Saskatchewan Scholarship 2010 (average of 95% or higher)
- Invited for membership into Golden Key International Honour Society (in the top 15% for accounting)
- Current: Lawyer, MacLean Law, Calgary, AB
- 2019-2020: Student-at-Law, MacLean Law, Calgary, AB
- 2018: Business Analyst, Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Regina, SK
- 2016-2019: Certified Group Fitness Instructor, Goodlife Fitness – Saskatoon, SK
- 2016-2017: Sales Associate, Hudson’s Bay – Saskatoon, SK